work with us
There are no vacancies at this time.
IPCS welcomes applications from outstanding undergraduates, postgraduate students, recent graduates, and MPhil or PhD scholars pursuing studies in Politics, History, International Relations, or related fields. The immersive internship programme offers scholars and recent graduates an opportunity to observe geopolitical and security developments from an Indian perspective, training in policy analysis and writing, and facilitates their access to India's strategic community.
- Successful interns will be assigned to one of the four programmes based on their areas of research — CRP, IReS, NSP, and SEARP —for the duration of the internship. They will assist IPCS faculty in their research and programmatic work, and contribute original writing on contemporary geopolitical issues that will be published by IPCS. Interns can expect to benefit directly from working in a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment, and gain exposure through IPCS events and outreach activities.
- Applications are accepted through the year on a rolling basis.
- Interested applicants are advised to apply at least six months prior to their desired start date.
- Interns are selected for three months and on a full-time basis. IPCS internships are unpaid.
- Applicants must clearly mention the months they are applying for in the application form.
- Interns will be selected depending on the strength of their applications and the number of positions available.
- Due to the large volume of applicants, we ask that you do not call to enquire about the status of your application.
- For any other related queries, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org